BY: SIERRA-SMALLS GREER
(Gainesville, Ga.) – As we are coming to a close in the school year and finals are fast approaching, everyone seems to be at maximum stress. Well stress no more! Here are some campus events and tips to relieve that end of the year stress without leaving campus.
- Eat outside in the amphitheater! Nothing relieves stress like a pretty day. Grab some friends and blankets and sit out there to eat. You can even take a book or music if you’re really feeling the weather.
- Go to the gym! If you’re anything like me, you think the gym sounds even more stressful but trust me it’s not as bad as it seems. The fitness center is open during the day till 10 at night, so you can go as early or as late as you want and it is a great way to blow off steam.
- Attend a show! The Delta Delta Delta Dance Off (April 1, Pearce, 7 p.m.) is coming up and it could be a great outing for you and your friends. Come out for great music and even better moves.
- Go home to study on the weekend! Sometimes the best way to study or relieve stress is to change the environment. If you live fairly close to campus, going home could be a great way to get away from here. If you live far away, maybe tag along with a friend.
- Submit to the Elixir! If writing is your passion and a way for you to release steam, then write it out and submit it to the Elixir. They are looking for talented writers and artists all over campus. (See This Week at Brenau)
- Volunteer! There are plenty of volunteer opportunities in the area including playing bingo and other games with senior citizens. (See This Week at Brenau)
- Be Creative! Enter the Brenau Student Creativity Contest and win some money. (See This Week at Brenau)
- Go to a Game! Sports are always family friendly events and a great way to enjoy campus life while getting your mind off classes.
- Enjoy life! Remember that school is important but not as important as enjoying life and staying sane. Anything you want to do be sure to go out and do it and HAVE FUN.
We hope these tips help you complete your school year stress free!