BY: SIERRA SMALLS-GREER
(Gainesville, Ga.) – Ladies, What If I told you that you were special? Or even that you had a whole month dedicated to being a woman? Well I am pleased to announce that here at the Alchemist, as well as 89.1 WBCX, we are celebrating YOU at the start of March because it is Women’s History Month!
I truly believe there is something to celebrate here, ladies. In honor of you beautiful women, here are a few facts about being a woman and why you should be celebrating too.
1. According to WTF Fun Facts, on average female students have been getting better grades than males in every subject for the last century!
2. Today, 71% of moms with kids under 18 work. In 1975, fewer than 47% did.
3. In almost every country in the world, the life expectancy for women is higher than men.
4. Over 60% of college degrees awarded in the US every year are earned by women.
5. The highest IQ’s ever recorded by standardized testing both belonged to women.
6. Car Insurance is cheaper for women. (Thank God for that!)
7. We can have babies… what’s your superpower?
8. Women are better listeners. A study was conducted and it was proven that women listen and process information with both sides of the brain instead of one side like men.
9. Because you are beautiful! Just being a woman is beautiful in itself.
Let’s give a round of applause for us and a cheers to being a woman.
Happy Women’s History Month from The Alchemist!