BY: SIERRA SMALLS-GREER
(Gainesville, Ga.) – To continue our homage to the great women of this world for the month of March, I thought that it would be a great idea to honor women in the entertainment industry.
Women have been searching for equal rights, equal respect and equal pay in this world for generations. This statement is true in the business world within the entertainment field. Although it is still a hard road as a woman to get a great paying and respectable profession in the entertainment industry, some women have worked tirelessly to pave the way in entertainment and this is dedicated to them.
According to Forbes Entertainment list these are the 10 highest paid and most respected women in the Industry:
- Oprah Winfrey is in the lead with $165 million. She is the first African American woman to be worth in total a couple of billions of dollars. She tops the list owning TV shoes, a network, magazines, movies, and the list goes on.
- Britney Spears with $58 million to show. She has made her way to the top through tours and royalties.
- Taylor Swift at $57 million. The 25 year old made the list from 4 very successful albums and tours. It was reported that her tours gross over $1 million per night on more than 65 dates.
- Ellen DeGeneres. As a producer and talk show host for a tenth season, she has racked in about $53 million dollars.
- Rihanna. Her Rihanna Navy is bringing her big bucks that equal to about $53 million.
- Lady Gaga bringing in about $52 million between her little monsters and nonprofit organizations.
- Jennifer Lopez bringing on $52 million as well. Between her movies, albums and concerts the crowd absolutely loves their Jenny from the Block!
- Gisele Bundchen with $45 million. This supermodel queen racks up with shows and endorsements. At the age of 33 she is still one of the highest sought after models in the industry.
- Katy Perry with $45 million. Just like Michael Jackson she was the only other person in history to have 5 number 1 songs off one album!!
- Judge Judy Sheindlin with $45 million. She is sitting at the top amongst the queens of syndicated shows.
All of these women deserve an applause for their hard work in a male dominated field. May their careers continue to be prosperous and their wallets bountiful. Thanks for paving the way for those who want to pursue a career in entertainment.